How we do it
TESC facilitates anti-epileptic therapy development
We represent a unique collaboration of Investigators, Foundations and Industry devoted to the improvement of epilepsy patients’ lives through research.
- Brings world-renowned experts to antiepileptic drug therapeutics, and clinical trial design
- Harnesses vast epilepsy expertise via partnering of 41 major epilepsy centers & 22 consulting epilepsy advisors
- Has unparalleled experience having participated in more than 80 clinical epilepsy trials, often with new measures, methods and breakthroughs
- Creates scientific advisory boards or independent consulting activity, including seizure or CNS issues in non-epilepsy drugs
- Develops proof-of-principle client protocols in collaboration with the Consortium Members and Advisors
- Adapts a constantly modernized library of the most current concepts in trial design
- Focuses outcomes testing to best determine the potential usefulness of a molecule in development
- Accesses clinical sites with highly specialized epilepsy programs and large outpatient affiliated practices
- Mobilizes members rapidly for expert advisory boards providing direction to sponsors.
- Facilitates interactions with study coordinators to optimize and harmonize recruitment techniques and procedures between sites
- Assists rapid recruitment of patients for early clinical studies. These often require very specific and difficult-to-recruit populations.
- Works with epilepsy clinical trial developers to continually advance the clarity and incisiveness of routine administrative reporting forms
- Enhances trial effective strategies in patient reported outcomes and health economics
- Develops and reviews study specific screening documents to ensure appropriate subjects are enrolled in epilepsy trials and seizures are classified correctly